Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Elijah Brian Streadbeck

We welcomed our new baby boy into the world on Monday, May 11th. He was born at 9:56 am at the Utah Valley Hospital. He weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz. and is 19 inches long. They put Brooke on a pitocin drip at 8:00am and she had the baby two hours later. Two hours sure beats the two days it took when she had Emma.
We named him Elijah, and have been calling him both Elijah and Eli. His middle name "Brian" is after his Grandpa Streadbeck.

Our first photos together


This was the fun view we had from our delivery room.
After his bath in the nursery

Emma has been exceptionally excited about her new baby brother.
Emma and Grandma Streadbeck. She flew up on Sunday and is spending the week with us. We our thankful for how much help she has been.
It was fun watching Jonah meet Elijah. You could watch him put two and two together and finally realize what we had been trying to explain for the past 9 months.

Our first family photo

He has lots of cute expressions: SLEEPY
HAPPY SLEEPY
SAD SLEEPY
and every now and again he shows those cute eyes
Don't try to adjust your monitor he really is in fact that cute.
We opted to come home one night early because both Brooke and Eli were doing so well. These are a couple of photos of the kids with the baby just after we got home on Tuesday.


Plenty more photos to come!

11 comments:

Beau and Jen said...

OH!! He is soooo cute! I love the name Eli! CONGRATS!!!

Alice Jane said...

Congratulations Brook! You have some very adorable children. And, oh my, 2 hours! That is something I envy! You look great mommy!

Debbie said...

I can't wait to meet him! He definitely looks like the other kiddos. Way cute! Congrats!

Christie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. He is SO cute. What a sweet family!

Heidi said...

That's a good name, I like it. And I love his hair. I want another baby soooooooo bad now!!!!

Heidi said...

Oh and Emma looks so gorgeous! When did she grow up? And what a nice looking couch ya got there!

Amber Jessica said...

He's so darling! We'd love to come up and see him, but we'd better stay quarantined in our basement for a while longer. <3

Ableggi said...

Congrats Brooke & Scott, he is so cute, but of course we knew he would be...seeing the first two come out so beautiful. I am glad things are going so well for your family! Take care!

Kerri and Cody said...

Congratulations Brooke! He's so cute! All of your kids are gorgeous! I hadn't seen too many pictures of them. Oh, and how is it that you look the same as years ago?! You look great! Cute family!

Shantell said...

He is adorable!!! I LOVE his name! It's so cute! Congrats!

Janell said...

Congrats, it's been awhile since I stopped by your blog. I am so happy for you. Brooke, I love your hair color. Eli is a beautiful little guy. And seriously nothing beats the delivery room views at UVRH!!!