Last night as we were walking a couple of neighbor kids to the front door we found a visitor just a few feet out the door on the wall at eye level. Emma was the first to set eyes on him. She was making incomprehensible sounds and pulling at Brooke's leg. Brooke looked at Emma to see what the commotion was and all the white faced Emma could do was point a shaky finger. We turned and saw the large Tarantula just a few feet from our faces.
We carefully scoped him up into a bucket and put a plastic cover over it. He is currently hanging out on our front porch. We have been asking around if any wants him. A few people have told us (as we previously thought) that they are not native to this area. Others have told us they are and have seen them before.So if you want him...he's yours!
If he goes unclaimed or unwanted I think we will release him in the foothills (far, far away).
5 comments:
ewwwwwwww!!! thats so gross! I probably would have died if I saw one on my porch! you're so brave!
Yikes! That's crazy! Looks like a great find for Emma to take to Show-n-Tell this week.
I agree! Ewwwwww!
Hey maybe that's the same one my roommates and I used to keep as a pet on University Ave when we were in school. We fed him crickets and it was an entertaining pet. We let him go at the end of the year cause no one wanted him either.
I wish someone would put something new on this blog.
Post a Comment